Since our inception in 2010, OAK+FORT has curated collections that reflect our design philosophies. OAK + FORT is a belief that fashion should be uncomplicated and thoughtfully designed. We are not distracted or fettered by trends. We will continue to provide attainable luxury to like-minded individuals.
As the Accountant, you will support Accounting department with its day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience in accounting, office administration, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Those with multi-branch retail background will excel in this position.
- Assist with preparing GST, PST and other Sales and Use tax returns;
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, prepaid expenses, inventory accounts, etc.;
- Maintain financial records for subsidiary companies, ensure all intercompany records are reconciled and balanced;
- Ensure accuracy of Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, vendor billings and custom clearance documents;
- Ensure accounting records are entered timely and accurately to enable timely financial closing processes;
- Ensure proper measurement controls are in place and accurately tracking of inventory movements;
- Assist with inventory analysis including inventory valuation and reconciliation to track current inventory level, costing, write-downs and aging inventory;
- Act as a liaison with external auditors and prepare working papers as required;
- Ensure all practices, financial records and statements are in compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Participate in ERP workflow improvements.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting or a similar capacity
- 3 years of accounting experience
- Experience and knowledge of accounting principles, and GAAP
- Excellent communications skills, both in verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and able to prioritize tasks
- Systematic bookkeeping skills with working knowledge of Sage50 (formally Simply Accounting), and strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong work ethic, energetic, positive attitude and flexible
- Ability to work independently, and enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment
- Previous experience with NetSuite, the ERP system (inventory and costing modules)
- Costing and US accounting experience
- Previous accounting experience in retail industry
|Job Category||Head Office|